Hi all! Recently I had a few friends over and I had some of my Chewy And Sweet Nut Seed Fruit Squares out on my counter. Everyone plus the kids liked them and I thought I’d take a quick moment to share.
My kids love this because it’s sweet and chewy with little bits of crunch. It’s the perfect snack to keep in a zip lock in my purse and has been especially proven useful to me when my 2 year old is getting fussy. I will admit her hands can get a little sticky afterwards but her little toddler hands get sticky anyway so it’s never been a big deal for me. (Baby wipes!)
Chewy And Sweet Nut Seed Fruit Squares Raw Bar Recipe
- 2 cups of whatever nuts, seeds or dry fruit you want
- 2 spoonfuls of sugar
- 2 spoons of brown rice syrup
- 1 spoon of water
- parchment paper/baking pan
For my version (pictured) I used:
Teeny bit of leftover quick oats (not cooked)
- Feel free to chop up any kind of nuts, seeds and dry fruit and fill your 2 cups.
- Brown rice syrup is a healthier alternative to corn syrup.
- On medium heat roast your nuts/seeds mix in a pan until slightly fragrant. (Optional because you can decide to keep your nuts/seeds mix raw)
- Turn off heat and mix in your dry fruit
- In another pan have your sugar, rice syrup and water and start heating on medium/low. Once your mixture is melted and starts to bubble turn off the heat and mix in your nut mix. (Another great version of this is when you add 1-2 thin slices of ginger to the syrup mix and remove them before mixing in your nuts/seeds). Note: Careful not to burn your syrup!
- Mix everything together well, once everything starts to cool down you’ll feel all the sugar mix getting thicker and stickier.
- Have a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Pour your mix into the baking pan and use another paper to press down and flatten your mix.
- Leave everything out at room temperature for about an hour. This keeps the bars more chewy and easier to eat for the kids.
- Remove your nut/seed block from the pan and cut it into little squares or bars.
- Keep in ziplock or airtight container for up to 7 days.
Enjoy! Let me know in the comments if you’ve ever tried this or have any questions!
One thought to “Chewy And Sweet Nut Seed Fruit Squares Raw Bar Snack Recipe”
Thanks for the good writeup.