The Coop Yorba Linda is nestled in the corner of a fairly busy plaza. This plaza also has a Starbucks, Churned Creamery (hands down my favorite place for ice cream and sweet treats in Yorba Linda, CA), Vons Supermarket, CVS among a variety of other small restaurants and retail stores.
I’ll be honest
There’s a bunch of indoor kids play grounds within a 15 minute radius of my house so I wasn’t all too excited when I heard another one was going to open nearby. I forgot about The Coop Yorba Linda and it’s grand opening until it was time to plan my daughters 2nd birthday party. Determined to find a good venue, I was compelled to Yelp my local party venue options. (I ended up having her birthday party at my house btw, photos to come!) By the time I finally checked this place out they had already been open for a month or two.
To put things simply, I.. I mean my kids loved The Coop Yorba Linda
There was plenty of parking and the place was spotless. I love the entire look and theme of the playground: It’s bright orange and yellow theme with hints of wood and grey make the perfect backdrop for photos (Instagram moms, You’ll like this place for sure). Once you walk in there’s a large table where you can eat snacks and drink coffee while the kids play with the doll house, drawing pad and crayons. Just like all other indoor playgrounds this venue requires all adults to wear socks. No socks required for the kids from what I remember, but you should probably bring socks for the kids anyways.
Once you get inside the main play area
The biggest and most obvious thing you’ll notice is the ball pit. It’s pretty big in size and they didn’t skimp out on the balls either. This fairly deep and well built ball pit features bright orange and yellow balls, 2 slides and climbing tunnel.
I started noticing the other play areas that are offered like the bounce house, interactive floor piano and games (I forgot to take photos of this, watch the video at the top of the page!), little play house, little riding cars and wooden toys… at first I thought The Coop was a little small compared to the other local indoor playgrounds. Maybe my oldest (who is 6 years old) would quickly get bored of a smaller space? But, I was wrong and The Coop Yorba Linda turned out to be a real gem for our family.
- Plenty of parking
- Fair price ($12 per child over 1- all day admission (which means you can go in and out – hint* STARBUCKS nearby and if you’re an Instagram-mama Churned Creamery is a MUST go – review coming soon!)
- Super clean , like my kids socks barely got dirty type of clean.
- Plenty of things for kids to do. My kids could spend 2 hours in just the ball pit alone.
- The interactive floor piano was a great way for me to get up and play with my kids.
- When you’re inside the play area you can pretty much see your kids from any seat you decide to take which is a huge plus for me.
- You can’t really see your kids if you decide to leave them in the play area and have a cup of coffee in the lobby / snack table and you can’t bring any food or drink inside.
- They don’t have food – besides some chips, juice and water they don’t offer much else. You are allowed to bring your own snacks as long as you eat then outside of the play area.
- Interested in a birthday party here? You’ll need to pay with an arm or leg. I was truly ecstatic when I saw this place and thought this would be the perfect place for my daughters birthday – except their CHEAPEST package starts at $650.00. For all day you ask? No, for 2 hours and they still don’t include food in that price. Yikes.
On a regular day, this is a GREAT spot for younger toddlers and kids to enjoy. Hell, I enjoyed myself too! Jumping in the ball pit with my kids was fun.. a little too fun! Grab your mom besties and their kids, grab some snacks and coffee at Starbucks and head over to The Coop for play. Step out to eat, drop by the ice cream shop nearby and come back if you’d like. The entire place just screams “Instagram me now!!” so you’ll have beautiful photos at the end of your play date too! For a birthday party though… the price is just wayyy too much for me. If you could afford it – I suppose it’s worth it. They have beautiful decorations and entertainment options. They did explain to me that the prices are this way because of the layout of the venue: All parties are private. This means they shut down the entire place for your party. It sounds wonderful in theory but my wallet just isn’t this deep at the moment.
The Coop Yorba Linda
20655 Yorba Linda Blvd Ste A
Yorba Linda, CA 92886
Phone number: (714) 340-3688
|Mon||10:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Tue||10:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Wed||10:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Thu||10:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Fri||10:00 am – 3:00 pm|
What do you think? Have you been here before? How was it? Would you consider dropping by? Let me know in the comments below!
2 thoughts to “The Coop Yorba Linda Review – Play Date Venues In Orange County, CA”
Thank you so much for the great article, it was fluent and to the point. Cheers.
I’m not ssure where you’re getting your info,
but goold topic.