Ok. If you’re reading this you’re probably doing what I was doing just a few days ago. You washed a bunch of clothes and threw them in the dryer to find out there were crayons in your load. The melted crayons are not only all over your clothes, but smeared all over the inside of your dryer. You’re probably searching the web for a miracle fix for this issue, so here it is! (NOTE: I have a top load washer and a front load dryer)
First Clean your dryer
- Remove all of the clothes from the dryer.
- Clean your dryer. I just used Clorox wipes and scraped off all of the melted crayons inside of the dryer. Get as much of the crayon off as possible.
- I couldn’t get my dryer white again, I still have a little bit of color on the walls but I kept cleaning and wiping until nothing was coming out onto my paper towels and wipes.
- Get clean towels (I grabbed 3 large white ones that I didn’t need anymore), wet them with clean water, wring out water, throw them in the dryer and tumble dry on high heat. This should get most all or most of the leftover melted crayon off.
- Repeat step 4 until no more crayon is coming of on your clean towels.
Once your dryer is clean, rewash your clothes
- Get the biggest pot you have and start boiling clean water.
- Throw all if your clothes into the washer again and use the HOT water setting.
- Once your clothes are soaked, open the top and add your usual amount of Tide detergent, 1 cup White Vinegar, and about a quarter cup of Dawn Dish Soap. Next pour your pot of boiling water inside.
- leave your clothes soaking for another 10-15 min and then run the cycle.
- Repeat steps 1-4 again as needed.
When you get your clothes out there should be no crayon left on your clothes!
Hope this helps someone out there because it sure as hell helped me. Please let me know in the comments if this method saved you too!
*Disclaimer: YES I do have affiliate links in my writing, meaning if you purchase something while using any of the Amazon links above I get a small commission at no extra cost to you.
4 thoughts to “HELP! Melted Crayons In The Dryer And It’s All Over My Clothes! – How I fixed this issue – Top load washer / Front load dryer”
sound like you know what you’re talking about! thanks
With thanks! Valuable information!
You’re welcome! So glad someone found this useful!
Wow, this was great. Keep writing this kind of texts, you will get a lot of people to this blog if you continue doing this.