Your child is the most important part of your life, and you want to share the world with them. Living near the California coast I’ve found beach cruising to be a great way to do this. Not only can our entire family get some fresh air, our kids (ages 7, 2 and 1) can learn to love the feeling of a bike beneath them. MyiBert Child Safe-T-Seat is the perfect bike seat for my 14 month old.
I found that a lot of baby/child bike seats are made to be mounted on the back of the rider. Rear-mounted bike seats are obviously mounted behind you, making interaction very difficult. Here are the reasons why I went with a bike seat that mounts on the front of the bike:
iBert Child Bicycle Safe-T-Seat Is Mounted On The Front Of Your Bike
- There is no drag on the bike with an iBert Child Bicycle Safe-T-Seat. The seat becomes part of the bike, thus making it easier to climb hills. (when compared to a bike trailer, Yes I have one, No I don’t use it anymore)
- You can travel the bike paths that are inaccessible to others. I’m not as advanced of a rider so this wasn’t really an issue for me but I wanted to add it in here anyways).
- The iBert Child Bicycle Safe-T-Seat on the front of the bike near the handlebars, allowing for easy interaction with your child. However, the seat is out of the way, causing no restrictions on your knees (even for tall people! I’m 5’7″)
- The iBert Child Bicycle Safe-T-Seat is both safe and durable. Your child is seated in a very comfortable position and can see more than just your back, while still being completely protected. This seat also lasts for years and can even be left outside during rainy seasons. Not that Southern California has dramatic weather… but the material used to make this particular bike seat is durable.
- The iBert Mount Bicycle Seat is made with both you and your child in mind. The seat attaches to the front of the bike, leaving plenty of space for your knees and comfortably fitting your child. Just a couple weeks ago my family and I went out for a 2 hour bike ride and baby Maverick (who is now 14 months) didn’t seem to have any complaints with comfort.
- Installation of the iBert Child Bicycle Safe-T-Seat is very quick and easy. This seat can be installed in less than 5 minutes. ANYONE can do it! This means that there is no fumbling for tools to detach the seat and no time needed to convert your bike. Although I didn’t personally install the seat onto my bike (this is what husbands are for, right?) my husband was done with the seat installation in a matter of minutes.
Where to purchase the iBert Child Bicycle Safe-T-Seat
I actually found this item to be a bit pricey but was lucky enough to find a used one on Craigslist nearby. I would highly advise searching in your local area first before purchasing new-in-the-box from online or in stores. Amazon has the iBert bike seats listed for about $80-$100 and you may be able to find them in sporting goods or bike stores.
Do you have any experience with the iBert Child Bicycle Safe-T-Seat ?
Let me know of your pros and cons in the comments!
Disclosure: Yes, I have ads in my blog post! This is because if you click on the ads and buy something from Amazon using my link, I’ll get a small commission with absolutely no extra cost to you. This is just so I can continue to blog. Let’s be real here, blogging can cost money. Thanks in advance for any and all support. Much peace and love.